Sunday, October 21

NOT ALWAYS AS IT SEEMS

Pastor made this statement at church this morning. It wasn't even the meat of the sermon, just a side note, but God used it to spark hope in my heart. To believe in the dreams he has placed in my heart and not to give up. 

There are many goals/dreams in my life that I have been working to accomplish. Things that I really do believe will exist some day in my life, but seem out of reach in this very moment. Hearing this statement, somewhat, re-awakened my desire to continue chasing these dreams. It's wonderful to know, when you put your faith in God, that he is always working. Even if you feel like nothing is happening. This may be the time that you feel alone, that nobody cares and that God is distant. It is when you feel that your prayers are not being answered, but it is also when your faith can be built. If you chose not to give up. As James writes in Romans 8 "The testing of your faith develops perseverance". When our faith is tested our faith is strengthened. I would not be the person I am today if it were not for these times in my life when nothing appears to be happening on the surface. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you posted this! I missed the sermon this morning and I definitely needed to hear this!

    Thanks Erin!

    ReplyDelete

Please, don't be shy! I would love to hear your thoughts!
*Be sure to "subscribe by email" to see any replies*