You will need:
3x3 piece of soft leather
a button (the size that you would find on a button up shirt)
a 2 inch long piece of 20 gauge wire
necklace chain - I cut mine around 34" long
pliers - preferably needle nose
- You will cut a shape (as depicted in the left picture below) making the bottom three sides a tiny bit longer than the tops.
- Draw dots (as depicted in the middle and right picture below) on the 3 longer sides - The dots should all match up - and draw a line on what will be the top flap of the pouch.
- Poke holes with your x-acto knife where you placed the dots and cut a small incision where you drew the line ( be careful not to cut it too close to the edge of the leather).
- Bend the wire in half and place the prongs through two holes in the button and push through the holes that you poked in the leather starting with the outside flap and finishing with the left and right flaps (as depicted in the left picture below) so that the wire prongs end up inside the pouch (depicted in the middle picture below) .
- Making sure that the wire is pulling the button close to the leather, twist the wires together with your pliers and tuck the sharp edges under. make sure that when you close your pouch the button fits through the hole that you cut. Adjust the hole size if necessary.
- Once you've made sure that you can button your pouch it is now ready to add the chain. Find the very top of where your pouch closes and slice 2 small holes (I found it to be easier to get the chain through with slits and not just holes).
- Cut your chain to your desired length and pull it through the holes in the top.
And there you have it - A little pouch that you can put special little notes in, or maybe some flower petals to smell good; it could even serve as a makeshift locket to hold a picture of someone dear to you.
I'm off to create more fun things for you!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!