Friday, August 31

FRIDAY IS A WONDERFUL DAY

The weather was perfectly fall-like today; rainy with a little bit of a chill in the air. Moreover, making it difficult to be settled at the office. I craved the idea of being home, snuggled under a warm blanket; all the while lost in a book. 


During lunch I stopped by a near by flea market to skim the aisles and to see what items might be new.
I found a few things that I wanted, none of which proved to be useful enough to justify a purchase. Even still, it is fun to simply look.   

Upon returning home I decided to be a bit more productive that I had originally planed. Rather than lazily laying around daydreaming and thinking up adventures, I put my new, little snake plant, Waldo, into his pot. Then, made some of Anne's (Oh-so-good) boxed Mac n Cheese, put in You've Got Mail and worked on a few projects. I did occasionally stop what I was doing to stare out the window at the rain. 






I have been wanting to do this for some time now. That being, to make a little journal to track how much my plants have grown since the time I purchased them; as well as a small description of each plant and their different characteristics. This is such a little thing, I know, but I am super excited about it. 

I spent a small amount of time examining the rocks and glass I collected in Colorado to see what kinds of things I could and would want to make with them. I also made this braided wire ring tonight. If you would like to make one yourself stay tuned for the DIY! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, don't be shy! I would love to hear your thoughts!
*Be sure to "subscribe by email" to see any replies*